Riverdale Park Politics
Friday, January 28, 2005
 
Appointments on January 31, 2005; Town Finance
I heard today that a special legislative meeting -- to appoint a new Ward 1 council member? -- is scheduled for Monday. The approved way to find this out is to drop by Town Hall every day and check the posted schedule. Maybe some day the town will actually want to let people know about these meetings.

On another note, I was quoted in the Gazette again, in an article about the audit report presented to the town in December. It says:

"They solved the problem by rolling up their sleeves and looking for [other funding sources]."


The [paraphrasing] is, to my mind, a bit off. What I said was (from my memory) "They solved the problem by rolling up their sleeves and finding a way to move money around in the report". I went on to say "I wish they had done that before the referendum and saved all of us a lot of time and energy." I would be very interested to see which "annexed buildings" came onto the books, and how much income they produced. Did the town ask the county for the money from previous years too??

The mayor's vague knowledge about finance -- "probably three" office buildings? -- is also upsetting. But that is a big post all by itself.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger